Holy WOW, you guys! This is by far the best sweet treat I’ve ever made. And it’s SO easy!
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Melted chocolate — I use chocolate chips, but dark chocolate bars work too!
- Toast your coconut in the oven at 350 for about 5 mins (or until brown).
- Begin to melt your chocolate using a double-boiled method — don’t overheat it! Once melted, you can take off heat. Multi-task, if you want, by moving along with the directions… –>
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the coconut, dates, and almond butter.
- ***Leave a little coconut out if you want to press some into your cookies once formed.
- Blend/process until well-combined.
- Spoon cookie mix out, form into balls, then flatten with your palms — option to press flattened cookie into extra coconut.
- Dip the bottom in the chocolate and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Do this for all your cookies.
- Drizzle some chocolate over them for an extra flare, and then transfer into the freezer for 2 mins for the chocolate to set. ENJOY! 🙂
*** SIDE NOTE: I tried poking a hole in the cookie to give it the real Girl Scout Cookie vibe, but the cookie couldn’t hold up, so I just kept them as disks.