- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium tomato (or a handful of cherry tomatoes)
- 1 lime
- 1 handful of cilantro
- Jalapeno (however much your taste buds want — if spicy isn’t your thing, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper for a zesty-zing.)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- ⅓ onion (any will do… we like red)
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- Nutritional Yeast (you guessed it… to taste)
*** Taste as you go! If the flavor is too strong, dice up some cucumber and throw it in there to mellow out the flavor or simply add more avo!
- In a medium bowl, mash up your avo.
- Add your spices, nutritional yeast, garlic, lime, and jalapeno and stir that puppy up. I’m heavy-handed on the nutritional yeast, but I’d imagine 1-2 Tbsp would be the way for normal folk.
- Dice up your tomato, onion, and cilantro, and any other fixin’s you might like!
** You can chop up celery, add some black beans, olives (kalamata are superb in this!)… really whatever you want! Contrary to popular belief… There’s no rules in Guac-Town.
Serve with your fav tortilla/pita chips, or dip carrots, celery stalks, or sliced bell peps! Again, no wrong answers.