For this recipe, I’m purposefully leaving out strict measurements/the number of items to mix into your wonderful salad, since you’re the one eating YOUR dish, not me. However, I’ve included the ingredients that make my heart and belly sing for you down below, but it’s totally your call how much of _____ you want (or don’t want). Have fun with it!
- Lemon, squeezed
- Olive oil (unless your quinoa is a little more moist, then you can skip this one)
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber (Persian cucumbers have a crunchier, crisper texture that brings me to my knees)
- Bell pepper (we like yellow in this)
- Kalamata Olives (+ juice, drizzled to taste)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- * Feta cheese, optional, but soooooooo recommended (the Follow Your Heart dairy-free feta is AMAZING in this dish)
- *Avocado, optional
- *Fresh garlic, diced (or powder), optional
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Let quinoa cool completely before adding it to your mix — you can stick it in the fridge to expedite the process, if you so choose.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl, mix together, then add your chilled-out quinoa. Enjoy 🙂