Serves ~4, and/or offers leftovers — great for meal prep!
Add or subtract any ingredients you wish. This is a blueprint, but use your yum-yum-instinct to guide you.
- 1 box pasta of choice (bowtie, rotini, penne, etc.) — make it gluten-free if desired!
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn (16 oz), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (or cherry tomatoes, cut)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 Persian cucumber -OR- ½ large reg. cucumber
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (or as much as you want)
- 1-3 handfuls spinach, chopped real small (or your choice of greens)
- 1-2 limes, squeezed
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- ½ cup olive oil (or your desired quantity)
- nutritional yeast, to taste — I always do a ton
- red chili powder/cayenne, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- salt + pepper, to taste
- ** optional: ½ can of diced tomatoes for extra taste and “dressing”
- ** optional: diced mango, pineapple, papaya (what’s in mine today), or avocado
- ** add a splash of apple cider vinegar if you need some more zing
* Skip the tomatoes, onion, and extra seasonings, and add our favorite Sassy Salsa instead!
- Cook pasta according to directions. You can start preppin’ the other items while you wait. Drain pasta and rinse under cool water, then let cool, at least to room temp.
- Combine all the other ingredients into a LARGE bowl, then add pasta after letting it chill out for a sec. Enjoy!