Y’all, these have been a staple of mine for YEARS now. So simple, so quick, and ACTUALLY good for you. Not to mention, they can be customized to satisfy any of your sweet, sweet flavor cravings! Below will be the the main recipe, but feel free to take inspiration from the list of other ingredients to really make ’em your own!
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (make sure they’re gluten-free if you’re sensitive)
- 2-4 Tbsp agave (or maple syrup or honey)
I almost always put in
- Chocolate chips
- Flax and/or chia seeds (ground)
- Coconut shreds
- Pinch of salt
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO CONSIDER:
- Seeds: sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, hemp, etc.
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed pretzels
- Dried blueberries
- Cacao powder
- Cacao nibs
- Diced apples
- Goji berries
- Protein/superfood powders
- Chopped dates/dried (turkish) figs
- In a medium bowl, mix nut butter and agave (or maple syrup/honey).
- Now, add everything else.
- You want the consistency to be thick, but easily able to be pressed/mushed together to where it’ll hold itself together. Not too dry, but not wet or runny at all.
- Press the mixture down into the bowl, so it’s not loose and flakey, but compacted and solid-ish — this will help them stay more intact as you spoon them out and roll them later.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins, then spoon out and roll into balls.
- Keep oat balls stored in the fridge, enjoy! 🙂