- Eggplant, sliced into discs (three 1/2 inch discs seem to work well for one whole pita pocket)
- Olive oil
- White onion
- Garlic (3-4 cloves for big ol’ POP of flavor)
- Mushrooms (I like shiitake in this one)
- Cauliflower, sliced thin-ish
- Choice of greens and/or sprouts
- Artichoke hearts
- Spicy pickles
- BBQ sauce
- Salt + pepper
(+any other seasonings you’d like)
As always, feel free to add or subtract any ingredients from the list. And again, as always, I intentionally didn’t supply measurements for this because it’s YOU that’ll be eating it, so make it how you want. 🙂
- Chop garlic + onions and throw them in a large pan (with olive oil inside) to cook for 1-2 mins. Slice your eggplant into discs as you wait.
- Move garlic + onions slightly to the side to make room for your eggplant, and place your discs alongside the other yummy-goodness you got cookin’.
- Add your choice of spices to the pan (cumin, pepper, salt, etc.)
- Flip eggplant after 2-ish mins, and add your cauliflower and mushrooms to the pan as well, making sure they’re getting nice and oiled up too.
- Toast your pita, slice directly down the middle, and BOOM — you got two pockets ready to be filled.
- Add your veggies, greens, BBQ sauce, artichoke hearts, pickles and whatever else you want inside. That’s it! Enjoy 🙂