Oooh baby, you’re not ready for this super easy, insanely tasty no-bake dessert that’s actually good for you. Just a little natural sugar (date & real maple syrup), but even still, you could get away with popping one of these in with your breakfast and NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT. Let’s check it out.
- 1 cup raw pecans (I was short on pecans, so I mixed walnuts in too and it worked great)
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries — or any berries, really… you can mix ’em too)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup chilled coconut milk, full fat (I only had coconut cream, so I did almost 2/3 cup of it, but topped it off with some filtered water to make it more liquid-y).
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- fresh strawberries (garnish)
- coconut shreds (garnish)
- (or whatever you want: raspberries, rosemary, diamonds, gold coins, etc.)
- Soak your cashews! Either: boil water, pour over cashews, soak for 1 hour ~or~ soak in regular H2o overnight.
- In a heavy-duty blender or food processor, blend up 1 cup pecans into fine meal. Remove and set aside.
- In the same blender, add 1 cup dates + pinch of salt, blend until chopped real good and an nice’n’even-ish date clump greets you. Scrape sides as needed.
- Cut thin strips of parchment paper and lay into each spot in your muffin tin — make sure they’re long enough to act as little handles to pull your treats out.
- Pack the pecan crust mix evenly into each slot with your fingers.
- Drain pre-soaked cashews (1 cup) and throw in blender, follow with 1 cup fresh blackberries, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 2/3 cup chilled coconut milk, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup pure maple syrup.
- Blend that ‘isht UP!
- Pour evenly into your tin
- (if you’re tryin’ to be fancy, this is the time to GARNISH, boss!)
- Freeze for 1-2 hours
YUM YUM YUM!