- 3-4 medium tomatoes (or a pack or two of cherry tomatoes)
- ⅓ onion — red, yellow, or white
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Jalapeno (however much your taste buds want — if spicy isn’t your thing, add a little cayenne pepper for a zesty-zing that won’t scorch your tongue)
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1-2 TB nutritional yeast
- ½ avocado
- Cucumber/zucchini (thinly sliced/diced) if your flavors are too strong/spicy!
There are a couple ways to do this:
- Chop everything up, combine in a large bowl — pico-style.
- Blend (pulse if you want semi-chunky salsa) everything in a blender, and add extra diced tomatoes/onions/mango/avocado/etc. afterwards for some additional textural stimulation.
- Combine ANY of the ingredients to a store-bought salsa if you’re a convenience-over-all-things type of human, or if you are in a pinch! (Most people can’t tell the difference between homemade and store-bought salsa if you add some fresh ‘maters, onions, cilantro, or mango/pineapple…. It’s a very easy way to elevate a party dish if you’re running short on time/energy!)
Check out our oven-baked tortilla chip recipe to accompany your Sassy Salsa!