Come this Sunday, summer is officially upon us. Whether you’re a grill-master or just a summer-food-lover, do I have some treats for you!
Below will be linked some brand new, exclusive recipes strictly for you beautiful TW members, perfect for your summer BBQs and hangouts. In addition to your sweet perks, there will also be more new recipes straight from the Taday Wellness main site recipe blog for your viewing, cooking, and tasting pleasures. Lastly, I thought I would throw in some extra, fun ideas on how to spice up your burgers and/or hotdogs, and some different bun variations you may not have known existed in the bun realm, or maybe have forgotten about. Let’s dig in!
TW Member Exclusive Recipes:
Simply Delish Chili — perfect for your burgers and ‘dogs
The best Potato Salad you’ve ever had — dairy-free, mayo-free!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, and oh. my. goodness… you just wait.
And when talkin’ summer food, you can’t forget about…
Not to mention, our Holy Guacamole!
And if you’re as much of a BBQ sauce lover as I am — and oh, I am — then you HAVE to try our phenomenal Avocado BBQ Sauce.
Think outside the box with your burgers (and weenies). Consider playing around with:
- Sautéed onions/mushrooms
- Raw sprouts
- Tater tots/fries
- Grilled pineapple (with teriyaki/hoisin sauce… yum!)
- Kalamata olives
- Chili (but not just any chili…)
- Carrots — wedges/chips/fat yet thin slices
- Potato salad
- SPICY pickles
- Marinara sauce
- Roasted garlic
- Jalapenos (pickled = everything!!!)
- Celery + hot sauce, for wing-flavor enthusiasts
- Experiment with your greens! : Iceberg lettuce is borrrrriinngggg, not to mention has virtually nothing to offer but crunchy water, so play with other greens!
Some greens to consider for your sammies and burgers:
– Kale — purple, Tuscan, baby kale, etc.
– Dandelion greens
– Swiss chard
– Collard greens
These are by no means your only options to explore — just a starting point! The world is your burger’s oyster.
Now, let’s talk buns, hun.
Here are some options:
- Pretzel bun (my FAVORITE)
- Pita bread (pita pocket-style, yo)
- Whole grain, sprouted bread (we like Ezekiel 4:9 Bread brand)
- Any bagel that fits your fancy
- Lettuce wrap
- Cabbage wrap — green or red both work!
- Collard green wrap
- Garlic bread
- English muffins
- Two big ol’ tomato slices on each end, though… #mess
- Tortillas — make it a burger-rito, or fry them up and have a crunchy sandwich.
- If you want to skip the buns and their alternatives altogether, just chop your patty and toppings up, and make yourself a burger bowl!
Again, this is just a starting point. Get creative! Heck, if you’re really going for it, you could use pancakes or pizza slices as buns. You’re the boss. The kitchen is a playground… explore the possibilities!
Get outside, fill your bellies with good-for-the-bod, good-for-the-soul kinds of foods, feel the breeze, get a little sunburnt on accident, smile, and enjoy your day, Taday!