- 1 medium eggplant
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, diced real small (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- *optional: a little dollop of hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Thinly slice your eggplant.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all your goodies together: olive oil, maple syrup, tamari, paprika, liquid smoke, garlic, salt + pepper, and (optionally) a lil’ hoisin sauce.
- Brush BOTH SIDES of eggplant slices with prepped mixture.
- Bake the eggplant for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes, and maybe a little longer if you want them more well-done.
**PRO TIP: On the second 10 minute cook (after the flip), switch your oven to broil, so they get even crispier 😉